Mildura – Sacred Heart Primary School
Address: 168 Twelfth Street, Mildura VIC
Principal/s: Mark Gibson
Governing Authority: DOBCEL
Sacred Heart Primary School opened in 1906. Classes were conducted by the Sisters of Mercy in the Parish Church. Since 1955, when the current buildings were first opened, additional classrooms and buildings have been added over time.
Our current project sees our library being expanded and refurbished and a new hall and stadium being constructed. A significant school feature is our enclosed courtyard around which our classrooms reside. We currently have a student enrolment of around 340 students.
Our school offers the riches of a Catholic education and tradition to every child in our care, promoting and living out gospel values. We are committed to providing excellence in education with Christ as our centre-point and inspiration. The children, parents, staff, parish and the wider community work as partners in learning and living, and contributing to the common good of our society.
Our curriculum is ongoing and evolving. We have a strong belief in the vital importance of Literacy,Numeracy and Religious Education, with Italian taught from Years prep to 6, and a major environmental focus school wide. In 2009 our school appointed a fulltime special needs and wellbeing coordinator to support children, staff and community.