Ballarat North – St Columba’s School
St Columba's School is a multi-age school, with over 300 students split into 13 learning groups situated in North Ballarat in regional Victoria. We are a Catholic parish primary school with a vision and mission very much developed around the charisma of St Columba; of having faith and being unafraid to journey into the unknown.
The original school was built in 1911 by the Sisters of Mercy and has been added to over the years. Recent building projects have resulted in a new hall and classroom block along with a new Prep learning space and offices.
In 2011 the school celebrated the centenary of its foundation. The strength of any community is to be found in its relationships and the daily interactions that take place within it. To work towards a friendly and safe community is our goal. The three words of our vision ‘Engaging, Inspiring, Empowering' direct our daily learning and teaching and the school places a strong emphasis on personalising learning for all.